Virtual Drive respects your privacy seriously. Please read the following to learn more
Information Collection and Use
- This policy covers how Virtual Drive treats personal information that Virtual Drive collects
and receives, including information related to your past use of Virtual Drive products
and services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable
like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that Virtual Drive does not own
or control, or to people that Virtual Drive does not employ or manage.
- Virtual Drive collects personal information when you register with Virtual Drive, when you use
Virtual Drive products or services, when you visit Virtual Drive pages or the pages of certain
Virtual Drive partners, and when you enter promotions or sweepstakes. Virtual Drive may combine
information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners
or other companies.
- When you register we ask for information such as your name, email address, birth
date, gender, zip code, occupation, industry, and personal interests. For some financial
products and services we may also ask for your address, Social Security number,
and information about your assets. Once you register with Virtual Drive and sign in to
our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- Virtual Drive collects information about your transactions with us and with some of our
business partners, including information about your use of financial products and
services that we offer.
- Virtual Drive automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your
browser, including your IP address, Virtual Drive cookie information, and the page you
- Virtual Drive uses information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising
and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our
services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal
and external clients.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- When a child under age 13 attempts to register with Virtual Drive, we ask that he or she
has a parent or guardian creates a Virtual Drive Family Account to obtain parental permission.
- Virtual Drive will not contact children under age 13 about special offers or for marketing
purposes without a parent's permission.
- Virtual Drive does not ask a child under age 13 for more personal information, as a condition
of participation, than is reasonably necessary to participate in a given activity
- Virtual Drive does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other
people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you've
requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Virtual Drive
under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information
to help Virtual Drive communicate with you about offers from Virtual Drive and our marketing
partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this
- We have a parent's permission to share the information if the user is a child under
age 13. Parents have the option of allowing Virtual Drive to collect and use their child's
information without consenting to Virtual Drive sharing of this information with people
and companies who may use this information for their own purposes;
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise
our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- We believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent,
or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving
potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Virtual Drive's
- We transfer information about you if Virtual Drive is acquired by or merged with another
company. In this event, Virtual Drive will notify you before information about you is
- Virtual Drive displays targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers
(including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view,
or click on targeted ads meet the targeting criteria - for example, women ages 18-24
from a particular geographic area.
- Virtual Drive does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact
with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are
consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that
you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
- Virtual Drive advertisers include financial service providers (such as banks, insurance
agents, stock brokers and mortgage lenders) and non-financial companies (such as
stores, airlines, and software companies).
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences
- Virtual Drive may set and access Virtual Drive cookies on your computer.
- Virtual Drive lets other companies that show advertisements on some of our pages set and
access their cookies on your computer. Other companies' use of their cookies is
subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other companies
do not have access to Virtual Drive's cookies.
- Virtual Drive uses web beacons to access Virtual Drive cookies inside and outside our network
of web sites and in connection with Virtual Drive products and services.
- You can edit your Virtual Drive Account Information at any time.
- New categories of marketing communications may be added to the Marketing Preferences
page from time to time. Users who visit this page can opt out of receiving future
marketing communications from these new categories or they can unsubscribe by following
instructions contained in the messages they receive.
- We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the Virtual Drive
service, such as service announcements, administrative messages and the Virtual Drive
Newsletter, that are considered part of your Virtual Drive account, without offering you
the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
- You can delete your Virtual Drive account by visiting our Account Deletion page. Please
note some information will remain in our archived records after your account has
Confidentiality and Security
- Parents can review, edit, and delete information relating to their child's Virtual Drive
- If a parent chooses not to allow us to further collect or use a child's information,
parents enrolled in Virtual Drive Family Accounts can delete their child's account by
signing into that child's account and then visiting our Account Deletion page. Please
click here to read about information that might possibly remain in our archived
records after your account has been deleted.
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably
need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services
to you or in order to do their jobs.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal
regulations to protect personal information about you.
- Your Virtual Drive Account Information is password-protected.
- In certain areas Virtual Drive uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions.
Questions and Suggestions
- Virtual Drive may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in
the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address
specified in your Virtual Drive account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
- If you have questions or suggestions, please contact us.